Lean Kung Pao Chicken
- Serving Size: 2 – 3
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Total Cooking time: 20 minutes
Maryann announced this on the radio, it is her own twist on an old recipe, for everyone to enjoy!
|1||tsp||Oriental Seasme Oil|
|3||Celery Stalks diced|
|1||lb||boneless, skinless chicken cubed|
|1-2||tsp||Red Hot Chili Pepper Oil (optional)|
|3||Cloves Garlic (minced)|
- Mix together: ¼ cup Chicken Broth, 2 Tbl. Soy Sauce, 2 Tbl. Dry Sherry, 1 tea. Corn Starch, 1 tea. Seasme Oil. Set aside.
- Heat: 1 Tbl. Veg. Oil in large pan to med- hot Dice: 3 Carrots, 3 celery stalks, small onion.
- Saute these vegetables for about 3-4 minutes in your pre heated pan. Remove. (Lower heat on pan to Med.) Dice: Boneless, Skinless Chicken Meat.
- Add 1-2 teas. Red Hot Chili pepper Oil to pan (careful if it smokes!!)
- Add Chicken & 3 cloves minced garlic to pan.
- Stir for 4-5 minutes.
- Return vegetables to pan, stirring them in with the chicken, add diced water chestnuts, green onions, dried red pepper flakes and peanuts.
- Pour the reserved sauce over the top of everything. Cook, stirring and allow sauce to bubble & thicken slightly. (About a minute or two).
- Serve over rice!!
- Feel free to take liberties, for example: If you don’t like it too spicy, leave out the hot pepper oil. You may substitute any white wine if you don’t have Sherry.
- Use more vegetables if you like it that way! Enjoy!!!!