- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Total Cooking time: 25 minutes
I LOVE these appetizers and was so happy to know I could make them at home- without using a deep fryer! Now you can too! I combined several recipes & techniques to come up with this gem.
|12||whole||Jalapenos (with stem)|
|8||oz||softened cream cheese|
|Cayenne, Cumin, Salt, Pepper, Paprika|
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Slice each pepper in half lengthwise (do not remove stem)
- Remove seeds & ribs
- Rinse & Dry well
- Place on plate cover w/plastic wrap & microwave for 3 minutes
- Mix cream cheese, Mozzarella, ½ teaspoon each Cayenne & Cumin
- Fill the peppers with cheese mixture
- Beat eggs, milk. Add ½ teaspoon of: Cayenne, Cumin, Salt, Pepper, Paprika
- Dip filled pepper in egg mixture, roll in breadcrumbs…pressing to coat.
- Place peppers, cut side up on lightly greased sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes