- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Total Cooking time: 26 minutes
In honor of St. Patty’s Day… A little something green… An alternative to boiling or steaming and a healthy way to eat your greens.
|3||lbs||thin green beans or 2 lbs Asparagus|
|1 1/2||Tbsp||olive oil|
|3/4||tsp||salt (I use garlic salt on the Asparagus)|
For Green Beans…
- Heat oven to 375°F In a large bowl, combine green beans, oil and salt. Toss to coat.
- Spread out beans in a single layer on 2 jelly roll pans or shallow baking pans. Roast beans 20 minutes, until lightly browned and crisp-tender.
- Flip beans halfway through cooking time for even browning.
For Asparagus…(Lovely nutty flavor!)
- After washing rub each spear with olive oil.
- Rub each spear with garlic salt.
- Place spears on cookie sheet under the broiler.
- Broil for 3 minutes, then turn. 3 min then again. (Be sure not let them BURN under the broiler!)