Dark Chocolate Granola
(Family Features) Summer time is synonymous with outdoor fun and activities such as hiking, swimming, gardening and more. With so many opportunities to be active outdoors, it is important to have easy-to-pack snacks for the entire family.
Here are some tips to get the most out of your summer snacking:
- Prepare ahead of time. Taking a few minutes to prepare snacks before leaving the house leaves you more time to focus on enjoying the moment.
- Portability is the way to go. Bring along portable, easy-to-pack snacks to ensure all items on your summer bucket list get crossed off.
- Smart storage. When packing snacks, think outside the plastic bag. Mason jars and other see-through containers make it easy to see which snacks are inside.
Recipe courtesy of Melissa Riker of The Happier Homemaker.
|real cranberries dipped in DOVE® dark chocolate
|real blueberries dipped in DOVE® dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large mixing bowl combine oats, almonds, cinnamon and salt.
- In another bowl combine honey, maple syrup, oil, water and vanilla. Mix well.
- Pour liquid mixture over oats and stir until oats and almonds are well coated.
- Spread granola in thin, even layer over two baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes, stir granola and rotate pans top to bottom to ensure even cooking.
- Bake an additional 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow granola to completely cool. Mix in real cranberries and real blueberries dipped in DOVE® dark chocolate. Store in covered container.