Klassen Klassic Turkey Trot
Date(s) - 11/23/2017
Murphys, CA – More than 1,000 people will spend Thanksgiving morning getting some exercise at the 11th Annual Klassen Klassic Turkey Trot. The event is held at Murphys Park, behind Main Street in downtown Murphys, CA.
Brian Klassen and his daughters, Sally and Riley, put on this unofficial, family-oriented walk/run, along with a handful of volunteers. Since 2007 the event has collected more than fifteen tons of food for local food banks and raised $23,000 for local families in need.
This year’s recipients are the Murphys Food Bank and the Zach Peterson Memorial Fund. Zach was a 16 year-old Bret Harte High student who died unexpectedly of a blood clot in September.
What you need to know
• 8:00 am – entry table opens, registration only for those who want to be timed (unofficially)
• 8:00 am – t-shirts sales begin, $25 for one or $40 for two (limited sizes and quantities)
• 8:45 am – group warm-up
• 9:00 am – race begins, runners, walkers, strollers, dogs welcome
• 2.5 miles or 5 miles, beginning and ending at Murphys Park
• Token awards given out to
• First place under 12 girl in 2.5 and 5 mile
• First place under 12 boy in 2.5 and 5 mile
• First place woman 2.5 and 5 mile
• First place man 2.5 and 5 mile