Jamestown Kindergarten Registration
Date(s) - 04/22/2020 - 04/29/2020
11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Jamestown Elementary School
Categories No Categories
Jamestown School District, 18299 Fifth Avenue, Jamestown, CA. 95327 (209) 984-5217
2020 Kindergarten Registration
Packet Pick Up: April 22, 11:00 AM to Noon
Packet Return: April 29, 11:00 AM to Noon
via drive-through bus loading zone (please remain in your car).
- Your child MUST be 5 years old by September 1, 2015, for Kindergarten
- If your child’s birth date is from September 2 to December 2, 2015, they are eligible for Transitional Kindergarten (TK)
- Legal Birth Certificate Required
- Evidence of Immunization (yellow immunization book)
- Well Health Care Exam (CHDP)
- Evidence of Oral Health Exam
- Proof of Residency (Copy of PG&E bill or rent receipt)
- Please include in the returned packet or make arrangements with the School Office.
Dual Language Immersion Program For Grades K/1
The goal of the Dual Language Immersion program is to produce learners who are bilingual, with literacy in English and Spanish languages.
- The two-way dual language program offers native Spanish speaking students and native English speaking students the exciting opportunity to become bilingual in English and in Spanish.
- In this program, students will develop oral and cognitive academic language proficiency in English and in Spanish while mastering grade-level knowledge in skills in the content areas.
- The program is based on a 50/50 model, in which 50% of the instruction is delivered in English and the other 50% is delivered in Spanish.
- This program is designed to teach children a second language in a natural way, through content instruction and everyday conversation.
If interested, please call the school office (209) 984-5217 to add your child for enrollment in the 2020-2021 Dual Language Immersion Program. Space is limited.