ACAPULCO, Mexico (AP) -- A powerful magnitude-7.2 earthquake shook central and southern Mexico on Friday,… [more...]
Science & Technology
- Mercury Found In Yosemite Fish
- Expert Advice: Change Your Passwords
- No More Support For Windows XP
- Calaveras Science Fair Awards
- Sugar Pine Cell Tower In Works
- Storms threaten 2nd launch try to space station
- NASA's moon orbiting robot crashes down
- Astronomers spot most Earth like planet yet
- Lost sea lion in California found mile from water
- California delays decision on protecting gray wolf
- SpaceX will try again Fri. to launch station cargo
- Storm surge risks get their own graphics, warnings
- Full lunar eclipse delights Americas, 1st of year
- T. rex gets new home in Smithsonian dinosaur hall
- Study: Snack might help avoid fight with spouse
- Space station launch Monday despite dead computer
Have an internet problem? Curious about something?
Protect yourself against the Heartbleed bug: change your passwords!
Early this week a severe vulnerability in OpenSSL known as the Heartbleed bug was announced. Mother Lode Internet (MLI) is joining many other providers and recommending that you change your passwords for each of your online services. This is important for high value accounts like banking and finance or other accounts that protect your personal information and data. Do not forget to change your ISP and email account passwords! These are especially important since access to your email account can be used to gain access into most of your online services.
We do not have any reason to believe that we, or any of our users, were targeted. However, this attack was undetectable and the cautious response is to assume that sensitive information has been leaked.
We welcome your questions and comments. Please post them in our forums.
Using unique passwords for each of your online accounts is very important, and we recommend you use a password management applications, such as:
Daily News from the Kim Komando Show