NEW YORK (AP) -- A large painting from one of Willem de Kooning's most productive… [more...]
- Rihanna, new top designers debut at Paris Fashion Week
- Parents of Trayvon Martin have book coming in January 2017
- Playboy features woman wearing hijab for first time
- Dan Brown's next thriller, 'Origin,' coming next fall
- Stage musical to be made from 1988 film 'Madame Sousatzka'
- Yves Saint Laurent designer makes highly anticipated debut
When Jake discovers clues to a mystery that spans alternate realities and times, he uncovers a secret refuge known as Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children. As he learns about the residents and their unusual abilities, Jake realizes that safety is an illusion, and danger lurks in the form of powerful, hidden enemies. Jake must figure out who is real, who can be trusted, and who he really is.
“Close but no cigar…should generate some robust initial business based on the built-in teen fan base as well as Burton fans, but whether it’s enough to spur sequels to the two remaining books in the trilogy is an open question.” –Todd McCarthy –The Hollywood Reporter
“…gets weighted down with clumsy plotting and exposition.” -Alonso Duralde -SF Gate
Other Movie Reviews
Movie Industry News
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Brad Pitt is skipping his first public appearance after last week's… [more...]
- In 'American Honey,' finding family in a hopeless place
- Disney to make live action 'Lion King,' Favreau directing
- The top 10 movies on the iTunes Store
- Review: A Holocaust denier is brought to justice in 'Denial'
- In 'Deepwater Horizon,' an ecological disaster's human toll
- 'Deepwater Horizon' film stirs emotion in victims' families
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Agnes Nixon, the creative force behind the popular TV soap operas… [more...]
- Agnes Nixon, creator of 'All My Children' and 'One Life to Live,' has died at age 93, ABC confirms
- 'NCIS' showrunner Gary Glasberg dies in Los Angeles at 50
- Alec Baldwin's very big deal: playing Donald Trump on 'SNL'
- George Takei gives personal collection to Los Angeles museum
- What time is it? Kitten Bowl IV taping time!
- Jennifer Lopez is back in judge's chair for dance show
Recording Industry News
NEW YORK (AP) -- It's only five letters -- just her first name, unadorned. All… [more...]
- Review: Grateful Dead's Bob Weir delivers earthy solo effort
- Tom Petty to be honored as MusiCares Person of the Year
- Rapper gets 15 year sentence in child porn, music video case
- Blige, Clinton interview clips face ridicule online
- Street named after late country music star Marty Robbins
- Kashif Saleem, producer for Whitney Houston, dies at 59