NEW YORK (AP) -- Joe McGinniss wasn't one to let a story tell itself.
Whether insisting… [more...]
- 'Fatal Vision' author Joe McGinniss dies at age 71
- Officer sues over Whitney Houston fallout
- Attorney: Joe McGinniss, author of 'Fatal Vision,' 'Selling of the President,' dies at 71
- New Anne Rice vampire book coming in October
- Vieira hosts inspirational book awards event
- Refurbished Pollock masterpiece goes on display
Christopher Spencer directs this sweeping Biblical epic detailing the life of Jesus Christ (Diogo Morgado) from his birth in Bethlehem to the Resurrection. There is dutiful recognition of the political pressure that spurs the Jewish high priest Caiaphas (Adrian Schiller) to oppose him, with Pilate (Greg Hicks) portrayed as a Roman governor seeking to minimize trouble, for himself mostly.
"A stiff, earnest, clunkily edited feature-length account of Jesus' life culled from History's miniseries 'The Bible.'" -- Justin Chang - Variety
"Son of God" may have hit the mark if part of the goal was to create a portrait flat enough to allow audience members to project their own feelings onto the screen."-- New York Times -Nicolas Rapold
Other Movie Reviews
Movie Industry News
With their abs aglow, the fighters of "300: Rise of an Empire" dominated the box… [more...]
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Connecticut could be 1st state to curb loud movies
- Wes Anderson dreams of a Europe before bombs fell
- 'Batkid,' Spider Man hang out after Oscars cut
- Review: 'Peabody & Sherman' a sweet, geeky jaunt
- A look at actors who have played Jesus in movies
ATLANTA (AP) -- Media mogul Ted Turner says he's bouncing back from surgery and is… [more...]
Recording Industry News
NEW YORK (AP) -- Adele Dazeem may be having the last laugh.
The new Broadway musical… [more...]