Update at 7pm: Cal Fire reports the Butte Fire containment climbs to 67% as firefighters hold the line on the acreage for a third day in a row at 70,760. Sadly, eight more homes were added to the destroyed structure figures, which now number at 503; the outbuildings stats are at 330.
As firefighters make progress on contianing the flames, the number of resources continue to drop. Currently on scene there are 3,861 fire personnel, 343 engines, 37 water tenders, 92 hand crews, 34 dozers, 7 helicopters.
Please view below the latest evacuation notices and road closures.
Update at 11am: Cal Fire has lifted some mandatory and advisory evacuation orders to Calaveras and Amador counties this morning.
Here is the latest information from Cal Fire:
Mandatory Evacuation orders for the following have been changed to Evacuation Advisories:
1) All areas and roads in the community of Jesus Maria
All areas and roads in the community of Mountain Ranch except for the following (the following areas are still under Mandatory Evacuation):
1) El Dorado Trail east of East Murray Creek
2) Green Ranch Trail north of East Murray Creek
3) Fricot City Road at the ROP school, and at Fricot City Road at Sheep Ranch Road
Evacuations Advisories have been lifted in the followingf areas:
1) All areas and roads north and northwest of SR 26, from the intersection of SR 26 at Rich Gulch to SR 26 at the Calaveras/Amador County line.
2) All areas and roads in the communities of Bummerville, Wilseyville, Glencoe and West Point
3) All areas and roads north of the following:
- Doe Road
- Prussian Hill Road
- Hoffeditz Road
- McCarthy Reservoir Road
4) All areas and roads north of the Calaveras River from Glencoe to the Calaveras Reservoir near McCarthy Reservoir Road.
The San Andreas Unit of the CHP has released this list of road closures:
- Green Ranch Rd is closed at E. Murray Creek
- El Dorado Trail is closed at E. Murray Creek
- Fricot City is closed from Sheep Ranch to Ponderosa Rd.
- Fricot City closed from e/of Rite of Passage to Sheep Ranch Rd.
Original Post at 7:26am: San Andreas, CA — Cal Fire reports overnight firefighters were able to keep the size of the Butte Fire in check while the containment rose.
This morning’s fire stats show the containment now sits at 65% with the acreage holding at 70,760. Sadly, the number of structures destroyed remains at 503 homes and 330 outbuildings.
CAL Fire has released the following information this morning about evacuations areas and road closures:
Evacuations: (Mountain Ranch Community):
1) All areas and roads east of Mountain Ranch Road at Avenue A (Senders Market) to the intersection of Mountain Ranch Road and Railroad Flat Road, northeast to the intersection of Railroad Flat Road and Eagle View Drive, north to the intersection of Railroad Flat Road and Jesus Maria Road.
2) All areas and roads south from the Cave City Bridge to Fricot City Road from Ponderosa Road to Sheep Ranch Road.
(Jesus Maria Community):
1) All areas and roads west from the intersection of Jesus Maria Road and Whiskey Slide Road, and west of Sierra Vista Lookout Road at Doster Road within the fire perimeter.
2) All areas and roads north of Hawver Road at Doster Road within the fire perimeter.
3) All areas and roads south of Jesus Maria at Highway 26.
Evacuation Advisory: All areas being re-populated are still under evacuation advisory except for the following (the following are under no advisories):
1) The City of Angels Camp and Altaville
2) All residences and roads west of Hwy 49, including west of Calaveritas Road from Fricot City Road to Mountain Ranch Road
3) All residences and roads north and northwest of SR 26 and Rich Gulch (Community of Glencoe is still under Evacuation Advisory)
4) All residences in Amador County
5) All areas and roads south of Dogtown, San Domingo, Fullen, and along the Highway 4 corridor, from Angels Camp through Camp Connell
Ponderosa Road at the burned area; Railroad Flat Road closed to Mountain Ranch Road; Fricot City Road at Sheep Ranch Road; Railroad Flat Road at Jesus Maria; Jesus Maria Road at SR 26, Ponderosa Way at SR 26; Hawver Road at Doster Road; Doster Road approximately 1 mile North of Sierra Vista Lookout Road; Jesus Maria at Whiskey Slide; Mountain Ranch Road at Avenue A (Senders Market); Worden at Ponderosa; Railroad Flat Road at Sheep Ranch Road; Whiskey Slide Road at East Murray Creek Road; Cave City at the Bridge past the caverns
As reported Friday, Cal Fire will hold two community meetings updating the public on the Butte Fire. Here are the times and locations according to Cal Fire:
Amador County Community Meeting:
- Monday, September 21, 2015 at 7:00 P.M.
- Pine Grove Town Hall 19889 Highway 88
- Pine Grove, CA 95665
Calaveras County Community Meeting:
- Tuesday, September 22, 2015 at 6:00 P.M.
- Bret Harte High School: Multi-Purpose room
- 323 S. Main Street
- Angels Camp, CA 95222
Click here to read a rundown of Butte Fire stories from yesterday.
For Continuing Butte Fire information read September 20th’s Butte fire news story here.