Details On Drought Dry Well Workshops
Sonora, CA – Tuolumne County Office of Emergency Services (OES) officials have finalized the schedule for its Dry Well Assistance Workshops.
As reported last week, the drought has impacted more than 180 wells, affecting 300 homes, and six springs have gone dry, according to Coordinator for the Tuolumne County Office of Emergency Services Tracie Riggs. The increase of dry wells prompted the county to offer a series of workshops on the issue allowing residents one-on-one time with representatives from OES and Tuolumne Utilities District. The workshops will be held in all five districts in the county, with two in District 5 which represents, Columbia and Jamestown, areas with a large number of dry wells that effect more people.
All of the workshops will run from 6 to 8 p.m. Here is the OES’ list of meetings:
- August 11th: Soulsbyville Elementary Old Gym, 20300 Soulsbyville Rd., Soulsbyville, CA
- August 13th: Groveland Community Hall, 18720 Hwy 120, Groveland
- August 14th: Jamestown Elementary Gym, 18299 5th Ave., Jamestown
- August 17th: Columbia Elementary Cafeteria, 22540 Parrotts Ferry Rd., Columbia
- August 18th: Tuolumne Memorial Hall, 18375 Fir Ave., Tuolumne
- August 20th: Board of Supervisor Chambers, 2 South Green St., 4th Floor, Sonora