EVENT: Excessive Heat Watch Severity: Severe Certainty: Likely ONSET: 08-16-22 @ 11:00 am EXPIRES: 08-14-22 @ 05:00 pm
* WHAT...Hot conditions with Valley highs 100 to 109 degrees and
foothill highs 96 to 106 degrees.
* WHERE...Sacramento Valley, northern San Joaquin Valley, the adjacent
foothills and the eastern Delta. Includes the cities of
Redding, Chico, Sacramento, Grass Valley, Stockton and San
* WHEN...From 11 AM PDT Tuesday through 8 PM PDT Friday
* IMPACTS...Widespread moderate to locally high heat risk
expected. Hot temperatures will significantly increase the
potential for heat-related illnesses, particularly for those
working or participating in outdoor activities.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Warm overnight lows are expected, ranging
from 65 to 75 degrees in the Valley and 70 to 80 degrees in the
INSTRUCTIONS: Monitor the latest forecasts and warnings for updates on this
situation. Be prepared to drink plenty of fluids, stay in an air-
conditioned room, stay out of the sun, and check up on relatives
Young children and pets should never be left unattended in
vehicles under any circumstances. This is especially true during
warm or hot weather when car interiors can reach lethal
temperatures in a matter of minutes.