Sonora Mini-Mart Fire Accidental
Sonora, CA — Tuolumne County Fire Marshall Kary Hubbard has determined that the Wednesday morning fire that caused $100,000 damage to the the Sonora Mini-Mart at 14290 Tuolumne Rd. was accidental.
A burglar alarm alerted the Sheriff´s Department at 3:30. When it was determined that a fire was the cause, Tuolumne County and Sonora Fire Departments responded only to discover that melting ice had extinguished the fire that originated in a soft drink dispenser. An electrical malfunction may be the cause of the fire.
Hubbard has determined that no violations occured and no citations will be issued. Co-owner Mark Paul has estimated the damage at $100,000. He is hopeful of reopening this weekend.
Written by Bill Johnson