Copperopolis, CA — One firefighter is recovering from minor injuries he received while fighting a blaze Tuesday morning that totaled a home in the Saddle Creek Resort.
Copperopolis Fire Chief Dennis Powers says he will not release the name of the firefighter but confirmed the man was burned on the neck after hot debris fell down his jacket.
The fire started at 2:43am at a second home, whose owners live in the Bay Area. Crews had the fire controlled by 5 a.m.
Powers says the cause appears to be electrical in nature and could have originated in the attic.
70% of the home was destroyed and 100% of it damaged, which basically means it was a total loss, Powers says.
The firefighter was treated on scene by paramedics.
Written by Vanessa Turner.