101.8 ° F
Full Weather
Sponsored By:

Flue Fire In West Point Damages Home

Sponsored by:

West Point, CA — A faulty flue is being blamed for a fire that escaped into an attic at a home in West Point Friday.

Crews responded to the call on Highway 26 near Winton Road at around 11 a.m.

Officials say the flue failed and allowed heat and sparks to get into the attic, where the fire was contained.

One official said it was an older home, built around the turn of the century.

About $10,000 damage was caused to the attic, roof and ceiling.

Written by Vanessa Turner.