Electrical Fire Burns S.R.M.C. Property
Sonora, CA — An electrical fire at the base of a power pole on Sonora Regional Medical Center property caused the burning of approximately a quarter of an acre this morning during the nine o´clock hour.
Sonora Fire Chief Mike Barrows served as the incident commander. On scene were two city engines and single engines from CAL FIRE and the Tuolumne County Fire Department.
According to the hospital´s Chief Electrician, Joe Morroney, should P.G.& E. shut down the power for repairs, the hospital would be protected by its own generator system which would allow for sixty percent of the normal power to not be interrupted.
There were no injuries to fire personnel and there are no structures in the immediate area that could have been damaged.
Written by Bill Johnson