Quantcast
help information
Clear
88.2 ° F
Full Weather

Fire Strikes Jamestown Residence

Jamestown, CA — A Tuesday afternoon fire completely gutted a Jamestown residence located at 17711 Harvard Mine Rd.

CAL FIRE Tuolumne County Fire Department Information Officer Craig Hart reports the cause of the fire was determined to be accidental with the point of origin near the clothes dryer on the back deck.

Structure loss was valued at $250,000 … content loss at $50,000.

The home was occupied by Josh Wilson and his finacee Misty Marquett. There were no injuries to the residents or the firefighters. The Sacramento-Sierra Chapter of the American Red Cross was summoned to house the residents.

Responding to the fire: the Tuolumne County Fire Department, the Sonora Fire Department and the Columbia Fire Protection District. A CAL FIRE helicopter equipped with a Bambi bucket dropped several loads of water to avert the fire spreading to the nearby vegetation.

Written by Bill Johnson