San Andreas, CA — The Central Sierra Continuum of Care is conducting a survey this week to determine how many people are homeless in Calaveras, Amador and Tuolumne counties.
A person is considered homeless if they are living in a space that is not meant for human habitation, if they are going to be evicted within a week and have no place to go or if they are camping and the campground has a time limit on the stay.
The data will be used to leverage funding to provide homeless services.
Homeless people in Calaveras are asked to visit interview stations throughout the county from 6 p.m. Wednesday through 6 p.m. Thursday.
The following is a list of interview sites:
– Medical Clinic, 2182 Hwy 4, Arnold
– Medical Clinic, 3505 Spangler Lane, Copperopolis
– 509 E. St. Charles Street, San Andreas
– Medical Clinic, 1919 Vista Del Lago Drive, Valley Springs
– 291-A Main Street, West Point
– Sierra HOPE, 1168 Booster Way, Angels Camp
For more information, contact the CalWorks Human Services Agency at (209) 754-6448.
Written by Vanessa Turner.