San Andreas, CA — An improperly installed wood stove was the cause of a structure fire at 20655 Haiapo Rd. in Mi-Wuk Village earlier this morning.
From the CAL Fire Emergency Command Center, Communications Operator Jim DeVoll reports the alarm was sounded at 12:51am.
Responding were a CAL Fire Battalion Chief, two CAL Fire engines, four Tuolumne County Fire Department engines, a Tuolumne County Fire Department Prevention officer and Tuolumne County Fire Department breathing support.
The $4,000 fire was situated in the wall behind the wood stove. The fire was controlled at 2:20am.
Written by Bill Johnson