SRMC Runs Successful Carbon Monoxide Drill
Sonora, Ca — There was a lot of activity going on at Sonora Regional Medical Center this morning as staff was simulating what to do in the event of an emergency.
?A drill that we ran today was similar to a real life incident that occurred not too long ago,? says SRMC´s Gail Witzlsteiner. ?Today we had six patients with carbon monoxide poisoning presented at the hospital. Respiratory therapists were on site to take part, and everything went very smoothly.?
Back on October 25th, the hospital was presented with a similar situation when the Twain Harte Market was briefly evacuated after carbon monoxide was put into the air by exhaust fumes from a backup generator.
Today´s drill was held during the nine o´clock hour. A command center was situated in a conference room next to the Administration Office.
Witzlsteiner says that emergency drills are conducted a couple of times each year.
Written by BJ Hansen