Quantcast
help information
Clear
93.0 ° F
Full Weather

Equipment Malfunction Led To Calaveras High Fire Scare

San Andreas, Ca — A piece of faulty equipment led to heavy smoke and a fire scare at Calaveras High School during the two o´clock hour this morning.

?The fire department responded to an alarm which was triggered by a smoke detector in the equipment room that runs our handicapped elevator,? says Principal Ric Stitt. ?Apparently we had a piece of equipment malfunction which caused the hydraulic oil in the reservoir to overheat and throw out lots of smoke.?

Fire officials cut power to the equipment and ventilated the smoke out of the building. Officials were on scene for approximately two hours. No damage was reported, and classes started as scheduled.

Written by BJ Hansen