Mostly Clear
74.8 ° F
Full Weather
Sponsored By:

Carbon Monoxide Exhaust Fumes Hit Twain Harte Market

Sponsored by:

Twain Harte, CA — 22 individuals were affected by exhaust from a backup generator at the Twain Harte Market earlier this afternoon.

According to Twain Harte Fire Protection District Administrative Captain Mark Slater the power was out and the backup generator was being used when carbon monoxide (colorless and odorless) exhaust caused 22 individuals overall to be affected by dizziness and headaches. Two employees were transported to Sonora Regional Medical Center while the rest were treated and released.

Market Owner Linda Parriott added that the market finally reopened at approximately 4pm.

Responding agencies included Twain Harte Fire and Rescue, a CAL Fire Battalion Chief and two engines, Tuolumne Rancheria Fire, Tuolumne City Fire Department, Tuolumne County Ambulance, Tuolumne County Sheriff´s Office and the C.H.P.

Written by Bill Johnson

Use the myMotherLode.com Keyword Search to go straight to a specific page

Popular Pages

  • Local News
  • Fire Info
  • Weather
  • Dining Guide
  • Classifieds
  • Events
  • Movies
  • Tourism
  • Polls
  • Traffic
  • Media
  • Real Estate

Use the myMotherLode.com Keyword Search to go straight to a specific page

Popular Pages

  • Local News
  • Fire Info
  • Weather
  • Dining Guide
  • Classifieds
  • Events
  • Movies
  • Tourism
  • Polls
  • Traffic
  • Media
  • Real Estate
Feedback