Mobile Home Fire Victims Identified
Sonora, CA — The Tuolumne County Sheriff´s Department announced Wednesday that the cause of the fire that took the lives of two women and destroyed a doublewide mobile home at the end of Chicken Ranch Rd. in Jamestown was likely caused by a short in the wiring underneath a sofa.
The coroner´s office has yet to positively identify the victims, but according to the Modesto Bee, relatives have identified the deceased as 57 year old Goldie Kerr, a retired secretary for the Stanislaus County Public Defender´s Office, and her mother, 83 year old Nobie Partain.
Kerr´s grandson, 16 year old Cody, escaped the blaze first reported at approximately 6:30am Tuesday.
A forensic autopsy is scheduled for today.
Written by Bill Johnson