Sunny
89.2 ° F
Full Weather
Sponsored By:

Overnight Fire Destroys San Andreas Home

Sponsored by:

San Andreas, Ca — A gas leak was likely the cause of a fire that completely destroyed a home at 303 Pope St. in San Andreas.

The fire broke out at 10:24pm Monday, and fire crews remained on scene until just after 10:30am Tuesday.

San Andreas Fire Protection District Captain Robert Chabot says there were no injuries reported, but the home is considered a total loss. The damage is estimated to be around $250,000.

Investigators believe that a gas fitting came lose on a clothes dryer which in turn caused the fire. A CDF engine responded as well as local crews from San Andreas, Mokelumne Hill, Central, Foothill and Altaville Melones.

Written by BJ Hansen

Use the myMotherLode.com Keyword Search to go straight to a specific page

Popular Pages

  • Local News
  • Fire Info
  • Weather
  • Dining Guide
  • Classifieds
  • Events
  • Movies
  • Tourism
  • Polls
  • Traffic
  • Media
  • Real Estate
Feedback