Quantcast
help information
Clear
86.9 ° F
Full Weather

Electrical Malfunction Causes Little Caesar’s Pizza Restaurant Fire

Sonora, CA — An electrical malfunction in the lighting ballast of a menu board was the cause of the Thursday evening fire that destroyed the attic of the Little Caesar’s Pizza Restaurant on Mono Way across from the Junction Shopping Center.

According to CAL Fire Emergency Command Center Communications Operator Maryjo Boone the first alarm was sounded at 8:23pm.

Responding resources included units from the Sonora City Fire Department, the Tuolumne County Fire Department (Mono Vista #56 and Crystal Falls #57), CAL Fire engines from Twain Harte, Green Springs and the Columbia air Base along with the Breathing Support Unit from Columbia College Station #79.

The fire was controlled at 8:59pm. There was no extension to the adjacent Flyers Shell Service Station and there were no injuries reported. No damage estimate has been determined at this time.

The incident was closed at 11:27pm.

Written by bill.johnson@mlode.com