Mostly cloudy
73.9 ° F
Full Weather
Sponsored By:

Discarded Cigarette Or Match Likely Cause Of The Rock Restaurant Fire

Sponsored by:

Sonora, CA — A discarded cigarette or a match was the likely cause of the last week’s fire that caused $480,000 damage to The Rock Restaurant in Twain Harte.

From CAL Fire Fire Prevention Bureau Chief Dennis Townsend, "I think being located in the back it’s more likely that it was caused accidentally by a cigarette in the leaf litter or probably a match from lighting a cigarette but it doesn’t appear to be arson."

The fire was initially reported minutes before Wednesday midnight. Owners Jim and Diane Dunigan expressed thankfulness that nobody was hurt in the fire that severely damaged the kitchen and dining area. They say they will rebuild and reopen as soon as possible.

Written by bill.johnson@mlode.com       

Use the myMotherLode.com Keyword Search to go straight to a specific page

Popular Pages

  • Local News
  • Fire Info
  • Weather
  • Dining Guide
  • Classifieds
  • Events
  • Movies
  • Tourism
  • Polls
  • Traffic
  • Media
  • Real Estate

Use the myMotherLode.com Keyword Search to go straight to a specific page

Popular Pages

  • Local News
  • Fire Info
  • Weather
  • Dining Guide
  • Classifieds
  • Events
  • Movies
  • Tourism
  • Polls
  • Traffic
  • Media
  • Real Estate
Feedback