Tuolumne County Sheriff Continues Successful Town Hall Meetings
Tuolumne County Sheriff-Coroner Jim Mele will be hosting another Town Hall meeting Wednesday evening, August 5th at 6:30pm at the American Legion Community Center in Twain Harte.
Mele was the Thursday’s KVML “Newsmaker of the Day”.
The purpose of these meetings is to strengthen the partnership between the community and law enforcement. Input from community members is critical from a law enforcement perspective.
With hot Summer temperatures, Mele reminds all local residents the following advise:
Avoid strenuous activities…Drink plenty of water and use sunscreen. Those seeking relief from the heat along area streams and rivers should remain aware of the dangers of Hypothermia.
- stay hydrated! Drink plenty of fluids.
- stay in an air conditioned room
- stay out of the sun
- check up on relatives and neighbors.
- if you are sensitive to heat ask for a friend or relative to check on you frequently.
- wear lightweight… Light colored … Loose-fitting clothing.
- wear a hat to shield yourself from the sun.
Young children and pets should never be left in vehicles under any circumstances during warm or hot weather.
The “Newsmaker of the Day” is heard each weekday morning n AM 1450 KVML at 6:47, :47 and 8:47am.
Written by firstname.lastname@example.org