San Andreas, CA – The Tiscornia House is the new home of the Calaveras Community Foundation.
The home has been a San Andreas landmark for over a century. It was built by wealthy businessman Gerolamo Tiscornia around 1880 in the community of Camanche, and later moved by him and his wife Eugenia to Main Street in San Andreas.
Most recently the residence housed the Holistic Health Center of the Sierra, owned by Carol Phelps. This summer Phelps decided to donate the property to the Foundation. The Calaveras Community Foundation is the largest general purpose charitable organization in Calaveras County.