Avery, CA — Two Avery Middle School students had to be hospitalized after ingesting prescription drugs this week.
According to Sgt. Dave Seawell of the Calaveras County Sheriff’s Department deputies interviewed the first student Wednesday afternoon at a local hospital. They learned that a second student had also ingested the drugs. That student had to be flown to a nearby hospital.
Investigators learned that the drugs (painkillers, blood pressure and anti-anxiety) had been taken from a private residence. Seawell adds that some of the medication had been prescribed for a deceased individual.
Due to the increased ingestion of prescription drugs by teenagers in the county the Sheriff’s Department is encouraging parents and/or guardians to discard any unused medications by contacting the Narcotics Investigation Unit at (209) 754-6564 or by contacting Investigator Rudy Leon at (209) 754-6385.
Written by email@example.com