Sonora, CA — Ashes that built up in a fireplace started a blaze at a Sonora residence Thursday morning.
Sonora Fire Chief Mike Barrows says the report came in during the 11 o’clock hour and the fire was contained by 12:22pm.
The fireplace in the home, located at 96 Summit Ave, had been installed after the home was originally constructed.
The fire did an estimated $3,000-$12,000 in structural damage. Damage to household items is estimated between $400-$500.
Occupants in the home were able to safely escape. Agencies that responded included Sonora City Fire, Tuolumne County Fire, Columbia Fire and CAL Fire.
A programming note, this weekend’s edition of Mother Lode Views will focus on structure fire prevention.
Effective this weekend Mother Lode Views will no longer be broadcast on Saturdays. Sunday you can catch Mother Lode Views at 8am on 93.5 KKBN, at 8:30 on AM 1450 KVML and at nine o’clock on STAR 92.7.
Written by firstname.lastname@example.org.