Sunny
76.3 ° F
Full Weather
Sponsored By:

Two Die While Camping

Sponsored by:

Clements, CA — Two Copperopolis residents have died of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning.

The San Joaquin County Sheriff’s Department confirms that 14-year-old Jordan Kovacs and her 56-year-old grandfather Richard Kovacs died over the weekend while camping in Clements. The two were attending the Clements Stampede, a local rodeo, and were camping out at the front of a horse trailer. They had earlier been grilling with a charcoal barbeque.

The rodeo grounds are located along Highway 12. Officials believe that carbon monoxide poisoning is the cause of death.

Use the myMotherLode.com Keyword Search to go straight to a specific page

Popular Pages

  • Local News
  • Fire Info
  • Weather
  • Dining Guide
  • Classifieds
  • Events
  • Movies
  • Tourism
  • Polls
  • Traffic
  • Media
  • Real Estate

Use the myMotherLode.com Keyword Search to go straight to a specific page

Popular Pages

  • Local News
  • Fire Info
  • Weather
  • Dining Guide
  • Classifieds
  • Events
  • Movies
  • Tourism
  • Polls
  • Traffic
  • Media
  • Real Estate
Feedback