Sonora, CA — Next week the Bureau of Land Management will start imposing fire restrictions on all public lands within the Mother Lode Field Office.
The region includes Tuolumne, Calaveras, Mariposa, Amador, El Dorado, Placer, Yuba, Sutter, Nevada and Sacramento Counties. According to BLM Battalion Chief Brian Mulhollen, all campfires and barbeques will be limited to designated fire rings in designated campgrounds. Portable stoves with gas, jellied petroleum or pressured liquid fuel are authorized with a valid California campfire permit, but the public is asked to be extremely careful with their use and carry a shovel and water at all times.
Other restrictions include:
• Do not operate tools powered by internal combustion engines off established roads or trails.
• No smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building, or at a designated developed recreation site, or other designated areas.
• No motorized vehicles off established roads or trails.
• No shooting using incendiary, tracer, steel core or armor piercing ammunition.
• No fireworks, including “safe and sane” fireworks.