Gas Leak At Assisted Living Facility
San Andreas, CA– A dozen patients were evacuated from an assisted living facility in San Andreas Thursday after a reported gas leak.
According to the Calaveras County Sheriff’s Office, 12 patients from Country Haven Assisted Living Facility were transported to area hospitals after a strong odor of propane or gas was detected.
11 patients were taken to Mark Twain St. Joseph’s Hospital in San Andreas and one patient was taken to Mark Twain Convalescent Hospital also in San Andreas.
PG&E workers were on scene to troubleshoot the source of the leak. There is currently no estimated time of when the gas leak will be repaired at the facility.
Written by firstname.lastname@example.org