Sonora, CA — Now that the 55th Mother Lode Roundup has come to a close, the next big event of “Rope, Ride and Ribbit” is the Amgen Tour.
The event started in Santa Rosa yesterday, and Stage Four will leave Sonora on Wednesday. Setup will begin on Tuesday, so many streets near Courthouse Park will be closed beginning late tomorrow afternoon.
On race morning, hospitality tents will open at around 9am at Courthouse Park, and the Sonora High Golden Regiment Band will play from 8:15-9:15am as part of the opening ceremonies. The National Anthem will be performed by the Summerville High Jazz @ 8 choir. Stage Four will officially start at 10:35am. For more, check out atocsonora.com.
Tuolumne County Transit will be running buses to and from downtown on race morning. Click here for more information.
Also of note, Tuesday from 4-8pm is a pre-race block party in Coffill Park put on by the Sonora Chamber of Commerce.
The following street closures have been announced by the Sonora Police Department:
These streets will be closed Tuesday at 3:00 pm through Wednesday at 2:00 pm for scheduled AMGEN events.
• Green Street between Dodge and Bradford Streets.
• Yaney Avenue between Washington and Norlin Streets.
• Jackson Street between Washington and Green Streets.
The following streets will be closed Wednesday between 4:30 am and 2:00 pm.
• Highway 49 (Washington Street) southbound traffic lane between School Street and Stockton Road.
• Highway 49 (Washington Street) northbound traffic lane from Stockton Road to Elkin Street.
The following street will be closed on Wednesday between 10:00 am and 11:00 am.
• South Washington Street from State Route 49 (Stockton Road) to State Route 108.
No parking will be allowed at the following locations.
• There will be no parking on the east and west sides of Washington Street from Elkin Street to Stockton Road on Wednesday between 2:00 am and 2:00 pm.
• There will be no parking on the east and west sides of Stewart Street from Elkin Street to Church Street on Wednesday between 2:00 am and 2:00 pm.
• There will be no parking on the north and south sides of State Route 49 (Stockton Road) between South Washington Street and Green Street on Wednesday between 8:00 am and 11:00 am.
• There will be no parking on the east and west sides of South Washington Street from Stockton Road to Williams Street on Wednesday between 8:00 am and 11:00 am.
• The Fountain parking lot at the intersection of the intersection of South Washington Street and Church Street will be closed and reserved for disabled parking, with a valid placard only on Wednesday between 8:00 am and 11:00 am.
Parking will be allowed at the following location.
• The regular “No Parking” shoulder area on the east side of South Washington Street north of Highway 108 may be used as parking by the general public.
Expect detours for Highway 49 (Washington Street) on Wednesday between 4:30 am to 2:00 pm. All southbound traffic on Highway 49 (Washington Street) will be detoured at the intersection of Highway 49 (Washington Street) and School Street. Traffic will travel on School Street to Snell Street, then from Snell Street to Bonanza Road, then from Bonanza Road to Forrest Road, then Forrest Road to Highway 49 (Stockton Road). All northbound traffic on Highway 49 (Washington Street) will be detoured at the intersection of Washington Street and Stockton Road. Traffic will be detoured to Church Street and then northbound on Stewart Street. Traffic will travel on Stewart Street to Elkin Street, then Elkin Street to Highway 49 (Washington Street).
The following parking lots will be closed to the public on Wednesday.
• The ground floor of the Terzich Parking Structure on Washington Street.
• The Sonora Fire Station Parking Lot on Shepherd Street.
• The City Hall Parking Lot on Green Street, levels one and two.
• The Red Church Parking Lot on Snell Street.
• The Green Street Parking Lot south of Linoberg Street.
The following parking lots will be open to the public on Wednesday.
• The Drabkin Parking Lot at Theall and Stewart Street.
• The Balestra Parking Lot on Stewart Street south of Mehun Street.
• The Shepherd Street parking Lot north of Mehun Street.
• The Oneto Parking Lot at Stewart and Lyons Street.
• The Woods Creek/Rotary Park Parking Lot.
Handicapped parking will be available at the Fountain parking lot at the intersection of S. Washington Street and Church Street.