Show Tuolumne County Love
Sonora, CA — A large scale community service project is planned for April 28th as part of “Love Tuolumne County.”
Love Tuolumne County willl oversee service projects to help improve the community and to help those organizations who provide services to children and adults who need various kinds of help.
Mike Ayala is leading the effort with the Sierra Bible Church. Several other people and organizations in the community are also involved.
Volunteers will gather at 9:00am on April 28th for a rally at the Mother Lode Fairgrounds before going to volunteer specific project sites. There are seven projects, registration is still open for six of them. According to Ayala, 72 positions of service remain, and April 22nd is the last day to sign-up.
The projects are:
- Spring cleaning at the Foothill Pregnancy Center, and preparing baby bottle banks for our distribution in early May.
- Help make up medical supply bags, gardening, general repairs, painting and cleaning at Interfaith Community Social Services.
- According to the project list “Lion’s Park on Barretta St next to the historic Dome building has fallen into disrepair.” The sprinklers need to be fixed, some fence work done, BBQ’s replaced or painted and other general maintence.
- Lots of leaves need to be raked at Mounted Dream Center’s large flat pasture.
- The ReCycle ReStore needs help sorting and turning in all recyclables received on our Earth Day Project.
- The Sierra Waldorf School needs weeds pulled, trees and shrubs pruned, paint and general maintenance around the campus.
Love Tuolumne County is based on successful project days in Modesto and other cities. For more information read Mike Ayala’s newsmaker of the day story, “What is Love Tuolumne County” or visit the website www.LoveTuolumneCo.com.