80.8 ° F
Full Weather
Sponsored By:

Burn Permits Needed

Sponsored by:

Cal Fire reports you will need a permit to burn starting Wednesday, May 1st by 8 a.m. in Tuolumne and Calaveras Counties.

Below is CAL FIRE’s list of stations were you can get permits which will be available only during business hours, Monday through Friday:

•CALFIRE Headquarters, 785 Mountain Ranch Road, San Andreas (closed from noon to 1PM)
•Twain Harte FFS, 22978 Meadow Drive, Twain Harte
•Station 51, 1950 Hillsdale Drive, Mono Village, Sonora
•Groveland CSD, 18930 Highway 120, Groveland
•Ebbetts Pass FPD, 1037 Blagen Road, Arnold

Below are Cal Fire’s requirements for debris burns:

  • Burn permit terms include limiting pile size to a maximum of four feet by four feet (four feet in diameter, and four feet high) and clearing down to bare mineral soil 10 feet from the outer edges of burn piles.

  • Burn hours will remain open. Weather conditions will be monitored daily and when conditions warrant, burn hours will be restricted or burning will be suspended.

  • Outdoor burning may be done ONLY on permissive burn days. Remember burn day status is determined on the basis of air quality: how quickly smoke will disperse. Therefore, many permissible burn days are very windy.

“Even if it is a permissible burn day never burn on windy days. Remain in attendance of your burn project and have tools and water close by in order to suppress any escape from your burning operation,” says Acting Unit Chief Steve Lawshe.

You will also be required to check to make sure it is a permissive burn day. You can find that out easily on by just clicking onto the home page.

Cal Fire also urges resident to create and maintain 100 feet of defensible space around all structures.