Traffic Alert: Motorists Delays Into Summer In Tuolumne County
Tuolumne County, CA — Most travelers probably will not mind these travel slowdowns in Tuolumne County as it means some of the winter ravaged roads will get a face lift.
County official report various roadways are set for repair during the “Special Districts Pavement Maintenance 2016” project. Telfer Pavement Technologies LLC out of the Sacramento area was hired to resurface the roads. The project consists of a couple of types of pavement treatments; a polymer modified chip seal and micro-surfacing treatment, according to county officials.
Construction is slated to begin May 15 and continue through June. County officials provided this rundown of the work and roadways involved:
- The work will be located in 13 County Service Areas: CSA 10-Monte Grande. CSA 20-Cedar Ridge, CSA 28-Rough & Ready, GSA 32-Ridgewood. CSA 36-Columbia Vista, CSA 40-Sunny Hill, CSA 43-Biack Oak Estates, CSA 47-Cherry Valley, CSA 48·Sonora Vista, CSA 51-Twain Harte Heights, CSA 53-Whispering Woods, CSA 56-Mill Villa Manor, and CSA 59-Mountain Vista. (Maps for treatment locations can be found by clicking here.)
- Chip seal work will require one-lane traffic control with flaggers and I or a pilot car.
- Micro-surfacing work will require road closure. Closure is expected to last 4 to 5 hours. Residents will receive additional notification, including the time and date for any activity that will affect access, at least 24 hours in advance of work by contractor.
- Work is scheduled to take place between the hours of 7 a.m. and 6 p.m Monday through Friday.
- Subcontractors for the project include Chrisp Company.
Traffic delays are expected in these areas. County officials ask that motorists obey signage and flaggers in the cone zones.