Sonora, CA — Motorists can expect delays along several Mother Lode highways next week as Mother Nature continues to bring blue skies over Caltrans’ crews.
In Tuolumne County along Highway 120 several stretches of the roadway will be under construction, which will create anywhere from 10 to 15-minute hold ups.
The highway’s closure remains in place in the overnight hours for work on the James E. Roberts Bridge at Lake Don Pedro, Sunday through Friday, detouring motorists for about 15-minutes from 5 p.m. until 7 a.m. One-way traffic control will be in place during the daytime.
Electrical work will bring 10 minute delays for travels on the highway from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. between Rushing Hill Lookout Road and about a half mile east of Kistler Ranch on Monday.
On Highway 49 drivers can expect short delays due to utility work from the Sonora Creek Bridge to Woods Creek from 7 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Flaggers will be conducting one-way traffic control on Highway 108 from Twain Harte Drive to Middle Camp Sugar Pine Road for drainage work beginning Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. until 5:30 p.m.
Calaveras Cone Zones
Next week motorists will also face 10-minutes delays on Highway 4 in Calaveras County. There will be one-way traffic control for paving along various locations from the Stanislaus/Calaveras County line to Cabbage Patch Log Road. Caltrans offers this schedule:
- One-way traffic control on eastbound and westbound SR-4 from the Stanislaus/Calaveras County line to SR-49 in Angels Camp for paving operations beginning Monday, November 14, 2016, through Friday, November 18, 2016, from 7:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.
- One-way traffic control on eastbound and westbound SR-4 from Big Trees Park Entrance to Hermit Springs Road for tree work beginning Monday, November 14, 2016, through Friday, November 18, 2016, from 6:30 a.m. until 5:30 p.m.
- One-way traffic control on eastbound and westbound SR-4 from Dorrington Station to Cabbage Patch Log Road for pavement work beginning Monday, November 14, 2016, through Friday, November 18, 2016, from 6:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m.
Utility work on the highway between Lakemont Drive and Henry Street will continue to slow traffic by about five minutes daily from 7 a.m. until 5 p.m.
Road work on Highway 26 will bring up to ten minute delays with these locations and times provided by Caltrans:
- The #1 (left) lane, right and left shoulders, bike lane and median will alternately close on eastbound and westbound SR-26 from Nove Way to SR-12 in Valley Springs for utility work beginning Monday, November 14, 2016, through Friday, November 18, 2016, from 7:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m.
- One-way traffic control on eastbound and westbound SR-26 from Humbug Creek Road to the Calaveras/Amador County line for tree work beginning Wednesday, November 16, 2016, through Thursday, November 17, 2016, from 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
Potholing work will require closing the left lane on northbound Highway 49 weekdays between Main Street and Pool Station Road, from 6 a.m. until 6 p.m.