Governor Fills Ag Seat In Mariposa County
Mariposa, CA – Governor Jerry Brown tapped a Mariposa native with strong ties to not only the county but also Yosemite National Park.
Brown has appointed 49-year-old Kevin Shelton to the 35a District Agricultural Association, Mariposa County Fair and Homecoming Board of Directors. The Governor’s office provided these credentials:
- Vice president of operations and marketing at the Yosemite Management Group since 1994
- Chairman of the Yosemite Mariposa County Tourism Bureau
- Club leader of Mariposa Triangle 4-H
- Treasurer of the New Life Christian Fellowship
- Board member of Mariposa Future Farmers of America Boosters Club
- Mariposa Friends of the Fairgrounds Foundation Board
- Mariposa Junior Livestock Auction Committee Board
This position does not require Senate confirmation and there is no compensation. Shelton is a Republican.