Permits Changing To Night Burning
San Andreas, CA — Cal Fire reports an immediate switch to night only burning beginning Tuesday, May 31.
The public will be allowed to burn between 7 p.m. and 8 a.m. on permissive burn days. Determining those days is as easy; just go to the myMotherlode.com home page where the “Burn Day” box is located and is updated daily.
Unit Chief Josh White explained, “We strive to allow burning as long as possible; however, due to lower humidity levels and higher temperatures, conditions dictate we must limit burning to evening hours.”
Cal Fire provides this reminder of pile burning requirements
- Only dry, natural vegetative material such as leaves, pine needles and tree trimmings may be burned.
- The burning of trash, painted wood or other debris is not allowed.
- Do NOT burn on windy days.
- Piles shall be no larger than four feet in diameter and in height.
- Clear a 10 foot diameter down to bare soil around your piles.
- Have a shovel and a water source nearby.
- An adult is required to be in attendance of the fire at all times.