Update: New Details On Angels Camp House Fire
Update 6:50 p.m.: Angels Camp Fire Department has released new information on a house fire where a resident was able to escape the flames, unharmed. Department officials report that when firefighters arrived on scene, the single-family home on the 500 block of Sultana Lane, off South Main Street, was 75% engulfed in flames. Fire officials gave no further details on how the person was able to exit the burning home. The Red Cross is assisting the resident.
Crews were able to contain the fire to the home, with none of the flames spreading to nearby vegetation. What sparked the blaze has not been determined and remains under investigation.