Volleyball Team Gets Its Day
Sonora, CA — The Tuolumne County Supervisors have officially declared this Friday as “Sonora Wildcats Girls State Champion Volleyball Team Day.”
Supervisor Karl Rodefer made the motion, and it was unanimously approved by the five Supervisors. The volleyball team was on hand at this morning’s Supervisors meeting to receive a certificate of recognition from the county on their state championship win. All of the Supervisors individually praised the team. Supervisor Randy Hanvelt said the team put Sonora “on the map” through hard work and perseverance.
The team received a similar certificate from the Sonora City Council Monday evening.
This Friday there will be a parade in downtown Sonora in honor of the champions.
The Sonora Police Department has released the following information about the route, and street closures:
The Parade will start on School Street and turn south onto Snell Street. It will travel south on Snell Street to State Route 49 (Washington Street). The parade will then enter State Route 49 (Washington Street) and travel to the intersection of S. Washington Street and Stockton Road, where it will turn west onto State Route 49 (Stockton Road), and then north onto S. Green Street (City Street). The parade will then travel north on S. Green Street. There will be a brief ceremony at Courthouse Park before the participants return to the high school and disband.
As the result of the parade the following streets will be closed.
School Street, between State Route 49 (Washington Street) and Snell Street, from approximately 1:00 PM to 1:20 PM.
The following listed street closures will be from approximately 1:00 PM to 1:45 PM
• Snell Street, from School Street to State Route 49 (Washington Street)
• State Route 49 (Washington Street) from Snell Street to Stockton Road
• State Route 49 (Stockton Road) from the intersection of Washington Street to S. Green Street
• Dodge Street between Green Street and Stewart Street
• Jackson Street between Green Street and Stewart Street
• Bradford Street between Green Street and Stewart Street
• Linoberg Street between Green Street and Stewart Street
• Theal Street between Washington Street and Stewart Street
• Wycoff Street between Snell Street and Washington Street
• Green Street between Yaney Street and Bradford Street
No parking will be allowed on Green Street between Yaney Street and State Route 49 (Stockton Road) between 1:00 PM and 1:45PM.