Murphys, CA — A Murphys group is putting a twist on hitting the campaign trail. There will be no speeches and voters will be able to inquire about issues important to them at a candidate’s night in Murphys Community Park. The Murphys Community Club along with the Murphys Business Association is sponsoring the event. Coordinators say 18 candidates have committed to attend.
The list includes:
- Board of Supervisors, District 3 – Merita Callaway and Michael Oliveira
- Superior Court, Department 1 – Grant Barrett and Dana Pfeil;
- Superior Court, Department 2 – Hugh Swift and Tim Healy;
- Calaveras Community Water District, Division 3 – Don Stump and Bertha Underhill
- Vallecito Union School Board – Jill Bray, Colby Barker, Kellie Senn, Tom Richmond, and Tom Pratt
- Mark Twain Health Care District – Lin Reed, Firman Brown, George Fry, Peter Oliver, and Anne Radford. Alison Heermance cannot make the event, but will have a representative there.
The candidate night will be Sunday, September 28 from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. at Murphys Community Park located on Algiers Street. For more information log onto VisitMurphys.com or call 728-8183.
If you miss this event, you have another chance to hear what District 3 candidates have to say. A candidate’s night will be held on Tuesday, October 7 th at Sequoia Woods County Club in Arnold from 6:00 to 8:30 p.m. All of the candidates listed above except those running for Vallecito Union School Board and Mark Twain Health Care District will attend.