Drought Task Force To Meet In Sonora
Sonora, CA — Members of the Governor’s Drought Task Force will meet in Sonora tomorrow to hear about how the dry year is impacting the region.
The closed door meeting will start at 10:30am, and several local water officials, and other stakeholders, are expected to take part. After the meeting, state officials will tour some of the infrastructure in Tuolumne County, notably the recent expansion at Matelot Reservoir.
Members of the Governor’s Drought Task Force that are expected to be on hand tomorrow include the following:
• Mark Ghilarducci, Director – Governor’s Office of Emergency Services
• Sandra Schubert, Undersecretary, California Department of Food and Agriculture
• Anecita Agustinez, Tribal Policy Advisor, Department of Water Resources
• Bill Croyle, Director, Drought Management Operations Center – Dept. of Water Resources
• Guerdon Stuckey, Asst. Deputy Director – Housing and Community Development Dept. of Financial Assistance
• Steven Moore, Water Board Member – State Water Resources Control Board
• Carl Carlucci, Supervising Sanitary Engineer – State Water Resources Control Board
• Maria Hernandez, Chief of Welfare Fraud and Emergency Food Assistance Program, Calif. Dept. of Social Services
• Eric Lamoureux, Inland Regional Administrator – Governor’s Office of Emergency Services
California is in the midst of its third straight drought year. Several area reservoirs are at well below average capacity. For example, Don Pedro Reservoir is at 64% of its historical average.