Take Back Rx
Sonora, CA — It is time to check your medicine cabinet for any unused or expired medications. Sheriff’s Departments in both Tuolumne and Calaveras Counties are holding their “Drug Take Back” events today. It gives you a safe way to dispose of the drugs, no questions asked.
T.C. Sheriff’s Officials say by doing that, you are helping keep drugs out of the hands of children or those who might abuse or try to sell the medication. It also protects the environment from contamination as many people flush drugs down the toilet to get rid of them.
There are two drop off locations in Tuolumne County:
- Upper parking lot at Mary Laveroni Park in Groveland
- The Junction Shopping Center near the Sheriff’s Community Service Unit and Bearly Quilting
In Calaveras County, there are four locations:
- Feeney Park, Murphys,
- Calaveras County Office of Education, Angels Camp
- Mark Twain Medical Center, San Andreas
- Toyon Middle School, Valley Springs
The hours at all locations are from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. today.
Some of the drugs not accepted include intravenous solutions, injectables, and syringes. In addition, liquids, such as cough syrup, must be sealed in the original container. You are asked to remove prescription medication labels from their bottles when dropping off the drugs.