Sierra Nevada Red Flag Warning Extended
The National Weather Service has issued a Red Flag Warning for the Stanislaus National Forest and the southern Sierra Nevada through 4 PM Friday.
* Affected Area: Fire Weather Zone 221 Stanislaus National Forest west of the Sierra crest and Fire Weather Zone 296 Sierra Nevada from Yosemite to Kings Canyon National Park.
* Winds: Five to fifteen mph with gusts up to thirty-five mph, mostly during the overnight and morning hours.
* Relative Humidity: Five to ten percent for ten hours or longer. Many areas will range from the teens to the twenties during the overnight hours.
* Temperatures: Daytime highs from the mid-fifties to the low-seventies. Overnight lows in the low thirties to low fifties.
* Impacts: Increased fire danger. If fire ignition occurs there could be rapid spread and extreme behavior with threat to life and property.
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now, or will shortly. A combination of strong winds, low relative humidity and warm temperatures can contribute to extreme fire behavior.