Red Flag Warning For Stanislaus National Forest
The National Weather Service has issued a Red Flag Warning through 9 AM Friday for the Stanislaus National Forest and the southern Sierra Nevada.
* Affected Area: Fire Weather Zone 221 Stanislaus National Forest west of the Sierra crest and Fire Weather Zone 296 Sierra Nevada from Yosemite to Kings Canyon National Park.
* Winds: Five to fifteen mph with gusts up to thirty-five mph, mostly during the overnight and morning hours.
* Relative Humidity: Daytime humidities of five to ten percent with poor overnight recoveries in the teens and 20s.
* Temperatures: Daytime highs from the fifties to the low-seventies. Overnight lows in the thirties to fifties.
* Impacts: Increased fire danger. If fire ignition occurs there could be rapid spread and extreme behavior with threat to life and property.
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now, or will shortly. A combination of strong winds, low relative humidity and warm temperatures can contribute to extreme fire behavior.