The 30th annual Downtown Sonora Christmas Parade is Friday, and the Sonora PD is alerting the public about some parking restrictions.
Notably, starting at 2pm on Friday and continuing until 8pm, no parking will be allowed on Washington Street from the Red Church to Toby Street. Parking will also not be allowed on many of the side streets connecting to Washington Street. The Police Department reports that officers will try to notify the vehicle owners in violation, but if they cannot be reached, the cars will be towed. The parade itself will start 5:30pm.
The following additional information about street closures has been released by the Sonora PD.
• School Street will be closed from 2:00 pm until approx. 8:00 pm.
• Washington Street will be closed to “ALL” traffic from the intersection of Snell Street to the intersection of Hospital Road from 5:00 pm until approx. 8:00 pm.
• Restano Way will be closed from 5:00 pm until approx. 8:00 pm.
• Stockton Road will be closed to “ALL” traffic at the intersection of S. Green Street and Stockton Road from 5:00 pm until approx. 8:00 pm.
• Southbound traffic on Washington St. will be detoured onto Elkin St., then onto Stewart Street, then up Mono Way.
• Northbound traffic on Washington St. will be detoured up Hospital Road to Mono Way and down Mono Way onto Stewart Street, then onto Elkin and back onto Washington St.
• Eastbound traffic on Stockton Road will be stopped at Green Street and turned around. Northbound Highway 49 traffic on Stockton Road will detour up Forest Rd., then up Bonanza St. to Highway 49.
In addition, Tuolumne County Transit will be offering free trolley rides to the downtown area starting at 9am on Friday. Click here to find more information.