BAER Team On Track With Repairs
Tuolumne County, CA — The Burned Area Emergency Response (BAER) Team has released an update on the status of the emergency repairs being done in the Rim Fire burn area.
Here are the repair projects underway:
- Hazard tree mitigation
- Improve and stormproof roads for drainages
- Stabilize and repair trails
- Detect, treat and monitor invasive weeds
- Install public warning signs, gates, and barricades for public safety
- Protect cultural and natural resources
Here is the work that has been completed:
• 96% complete on re-establishing route markers on roads.
• 72% complete on hazard tree mitigation on 240 miles along priority roads and recreation sites.
• 76% done on hazard tree mitigation and 23% complete on erosion control measures being put in place for 29 archeological sites to prevent post-fire damage.