Sunny
82.2 ° F
Full Weather
Sponsored By:

Fire´s Cause Determined

Sponsored by:

Lint build up in a clothes dryer is the cause of a fire that did $150,000 damage to a Pine Street home in Tuolumne City this morning.

The fire, reported shortly before 8:30 a.m. in the older wood frame home sent one woman to a local hospital with first and second degree burns to her hands legs and arms. She was treated at Tuolumne General Hospital and later released.

Fire Marshal Kary Hubbard says lint in the dryer ignited starting the blaze in the home in the 18000 block of Pine Street owned by the Odd Fellows organization. Fire crews kept the fire from spreading to the adjacent Odd Fellows building.

Use the myMotherLode.com Keyword Search to go straight to a specific page

Popular Pages

  • Local News
  • Fire Info
  • Weather
  • Dining Guide
  • Classifieds
  • Events
  • Movies
  • Tourism
  • Polls
  • Traffic
  • Media
  • Real Estate
Feedback