Chlorine Leak Sends 18 To Hospital
A chlorine leak at a Rocklin health club sent at least 18 people to Placer County area hospitals for treatment Thursday.
Authorities said as many as 40 people reported watery eyes and trouble breathing after the leak from the pool area of the Family Fitness Center.
“I looked around and everybody was streaming for the door,” an unidentified witness told KCRA television.
The health club and other businesses in the adjacent strip mall were evacuated. A health club official told KCRA that a shipment of chlorine was delivered to the club earlier Thursday and is the likely source of the chemical fumes.
The Roseville Hazardous Materials unit was handling the emergency.